Monday, April 25, 2011

Five Guys - @@

Wednesday, April 6 we went to Five Guys, the hamburger chain best known for filling your take out bag with fries regardless of the size you order.  No picture was taken here due to the limited amount of room at the table especially with half of the fries still in the bag.  I do not like this mainly because I dont like the fries.  If the fries were better, I would love packing the fries into the bag.  But the fries are thicker cut with the skin on still and fried in peanut oil I think.  I would prefer vegetable oil as I just think the peanut oil gives it a stranger flavor.  The cheeseburger was ok, nothing special.  I also got a bacon wrapped hot dog that was not as good as I was picturing.  Give me a coney dog anyday.

While the food was passable, I still have to give this a 2 of 5.  Normally I would go for the 3 because it was standard, but got it got knocked down because 1) mass quantity of not good fries does not make them better and 2) dinner should not be at a fast food spot.  I am definitely biased in the fact that I want to have dinner at a place that serves you rather than go up to the counter after a long day at work.  I equate the counter with lunch spots.  I am sure there are exceptions to this rule, but I am not making one for Five Guys.

1080 Fall River Ave
Seekonk, MA 02771

3 comments:

  1. I totally do not get the hype about Five Guys. I agree that it is pretty meh and their fries are borrrring. Skinny fries are where it's at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap, I had Five Guys for the first time on Thursday. Spooky. In the fall they added a location here in town. They moved into the space vacated by the closing of Shaman Drum on State Street (causing much chatter on campus by those who loved that bookstore). I'd been wanting to see what all the hype was about. Basically, meh.

    I could not put it any better than how you and Opticus put it. Maybe it's a blood thing this time. I mean, the fries are not special. The burger is not special. This is definitely a lunch spot. Honestly, if opting for a burger and fries, I'd pick at least five other places where I'm at for a burger before Five Guys again. I don't hate the place, but definitely like the 2 @'s out of 5 rating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shaman drum haunted my dreams since i never was a bookie-ish type person and hated how they forced you to buy specific books there. kinda like dollar bill publishing on church(?) by amers

    ReplyDelete