Friday, July 20, 2012

Jacky's Galaxy Waterplace - @@

Went to this fancy Chinese restaurant the other day. I think I put this place on the blog before as an oxymoron. Fancy and Chinese don't seem to go together. Basically the same ingredients as your local Chinese spot but with a 200% up charge. The food was ok but certainly not worth the money. Our server was new and slow. He brought out food at odd intervals and different times. I did order the Restaurant Week menu which gave me a bonus app of boneless spare ribs and desert, but it didn't do enough to convince me to grade it higher. Also notice the broccoli is already cut which in my mind is a way to think you get more than you really do. The garlic was also halved as opposed to diced which made it tougher to eat. The decor was nice as one would expect from a PF Changs type restaurant; large fish, bright open area and white tablecloths. Overall if you want to see the water and eat Asian food then go here, otherwise there are much better places downtown.

200 Exchange St
Providence, RI 02903

No comments:

Post a Comment