Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Varsity - @@@

Mmmmmm hot dogs with chili, fries, and an orange shake as a Sunday afternoon "breakfast".

I was really interested in checking out this Atlanta landmark institution that I have heard mentioned plenty of times on food tv shows.  To be honest before even checking it out, I thought it was a sit-down restaurant.  Um no, it is rather a large cafeteria-like setting where you order your food at the counter and then pick a seat.  It is billed as the worlds largest drive-in..  Pretty cool different rooms to choose a seat; it was rather dining-hall ish.  I selected the room that had the espn feed on it.

The food was actually rather good.  Chili dog was in a soft bun, probably steamed.  I like it kinda squishy like this so no problems there.  The hot dog itself was tasty, however lacked the Detroit coney dog snap like I am used to and enjoy.  Chili was well spiced and I felt like I could eat about 6 more.  The fries were well salted, but as you can see from the picture pretty soggy.  I think thats what they were supposed to be like.  The drink is called a Frozen Orange, which is similar to the Olga's orange drinks where it is pretty creamy and slurpee like consistency.  All in all, a good meal to kick start a Masters-watching Sunday.

61 North Ave NW
Atlanta, GA 30308

No comments:

Post a Comment