Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Root Beer Stand - @@@

I went to this old school former car hop one night as it was recommended by a coworker. It is right along a bunch of industrial warehouses so it was odd to find it here. I guess it used to be a highway similar to Route 66 which made it popular. I was also under the assumption that the servers would come out to your car and take your order. I was wrong and thus sitting in the car for a few minutes while others looked at me oddly.

For the food itself it was not that great. I think I am honestly giving them a bonus point for the nostalgia and history. I mean the place is old enough that they don't have a fryer. Their side is popcorn haha. Anyways i had the pizza burger and footling with cheese. The root beer float was good, but similar to A&W and didn't think was out of this world. When you have a hot dog with chili and cheese, it's just not as good as Detroit coneys. The pizza burger was ok at best.

Long story short, reminded me of A&W which isn't horrible. I like how they were historic, service nice and helpful and a good beverage.

11566 Reading Rd
Cincinnati

No comments:

Post a Comment