Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Roosters - @@@@

Perhaps some of my new favorite chicken wings. This is a mainly Ohio centric chicken wing joint that is basically your normal sports bar.

What I like about them is that they are clearly freshly fried and have a good crispness to them. They are not however fried so long that they are dry, as when you bite into them they are still juicy and very hot. Really well done and usually not drowning in sauce either (although you can get them "extra wet" if you prefer sauce). Also bonus is that you can get them just as drumsticks if you prefer, and I do. Nominal fees for that plus extra sauce, dressing etc seems a bit much but it's not prohibitive. Standard fried item sides are available along with a pizza I had last time i was here that was surprisingly good as well.

One thing I do not like is that the wing portion still has the tip on it, so you have to wrangle that off further delaying enjoyment. Also be warned that there are little to no vegetables at this sportsbar type place but I don't hold that against them.

You come for the wings and tvs and beers and it delivers. In the picture, I had no sauce on the left and medium on the right. Would order both again. This is a good, casual place that knows its audience and delivers. Would recommend

12120 Springfield Pike
Springdale, OH 45246

1 comment: