Monday, July 4, 2011

Tito's Cantina - @

This blog will be short because I do not want to rehash previous lessons learned.  I have gone to a few "Mexican" restaurants while in the Providence area and did not care for them.  I got a recommendation to try another that was close to the office and a bunch of us went there to try it.

To start with our appetizer, we ordered a sampler and we got a bunch of fried items that seemed to come from the grocery store.  Jalapeno poppers, fried cheese, wings, and one other forgettable item was presented.  The only defense is they are a Mexican restaurant, but still...

For dinner I got the beef enchiladas.  I wanted to try the verde enchiladas or something like that but the server recommended the beef ones instead.  Totally marginal choice.  Food was uninspiring looking when presented and takes the term "homemade" seriously.  I think I could've cooked it at home.  No memorable seasoning flavor, small portions, and slow service are not the ingredients for a good restaurant.

Unfortunately giving this place a 1 of 5 for the reasons above.  I didn't want to try desert here and if I remember correctly ran over to the Cheesecake Factory when I got back to the hotel.  With so many other good restaurants and cuisines in the area, I don't think I will be going back to another Mexican place if it is my choice.


1379 Fall River Ave
Seekonk, MA 02771
 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about this one. After reading the review, the picture kinda looks like reheated leftovers.

    When recommendations go wrong...

    ReplyDelete