Sunday, March 11, 2012

East Coast Grill - @@@


Main course at East Coast Grill. Brisket with beans, slaw, cornbread, and watermelon.  Foolishly forgot to tell them to put the bbq sauce on the side of the brisket, but I dont think it would matter.  The meat was ok, better than the Village Smokehouse but that bar was not that high.  Sides were all ok, and due to the great apps I did not want to finish them.  The reason this place gets a 3 is due to the ribs, not the brisket.  I should just leave the brisket to Texas and try other stuff at these bbq places.

Also pretty cool was that Man vs Food was shown here.  He had their "Hell Pasta" which is an even spicier pasta sauce than the inner beauty hot sauce on the ribs.  I guess ECG has a hell week where all they do is serve redicuously hot foods.  I thought that was pretty sweet.  This place also has fresh seafood and had oysters at the counter.  So it is an odd combo of specialty seafood and bbq which I guess works so you have land and sea.  I would go back for the ribs they were that good but would try something else for the bbq (or just have ribs as the main dish).

1271 Cambridge St
Cambridge, MA 02139

No comments:

Post a Comment