Saturday, May 26, 2012

The American - @@@

Started off the week by going to a place recommended by some of my coworkers. They had gone there earlier in the project and thought that I would like it. They were right, it was pretty good.

Started off with an appetizer of bacon, where I have a separate pic. It was good, thick cut like pork belly. Pretty salty, it was a good way to kick off the meal.

For my entree, I went with a pork chop with garlic butter and peperoncinis. Again recommended to me, it was pretty standard. They did not ask me how I wanted it cooked and I didn't think to ask. It came out more well done than I would've preferred. The butter sauce helped, and the peperoncinis added a little spice to it. As you can notice, I did not violate my rule of pork chops with bone on it. Has to have it to add flavor.

Surprisingly had desert as well. Table split some mudpie and key lime pie. As with the meal, good not great.

Perhaps the highlight of the night was the mass amount of media at the location when we pulled in. As the restaurant is connected to some office building, there a major hearing with Curt Schilling and the RI governor. Had something to do with Schilling's company or something like that according to the staff at the restaurant. Found out today Schilling just laid off his entire video game company, not a good look all around and an overall sad story for citizens according to the news.

Anyways, back to the restaurant, I give it a 3 of 5. I call this place a "corporate American" spot because it is upscale American-ish food (meat dominated dishes) that is a little more fancy for those business travelers on expense accounts. Not as much as downtown Pittsburgh; it was a little better and cheaper in comparison. Good but not great, would check it out again at some point.

311 Iron Horse Way
Providence, RI 02908

No comments:

Post a Comment