Thursday, August 23, 2012

XO Cafe - @@@@

Went to this spot Tuesday night. I had been here when it was XO Steakhouse, but was interested if there were any changes made. The menu seemed a little more balanced, with coworkers getting meatloaf, scallops, and chowder. I went with the prime ribeye and side of mashed potatoes.

The steak was cooked ideally medium rare and quite tender. Being a ribeye I of course loved it. I also got the chimichurri sauce on the side and it had a nice garlic flavor along with the herbs. The potatoes did seem to be lacking in flavor and were quite smooth. I prefer some texture of lumps to add to the potatoes.

Others seemed to enjoy the meal as all the plates were clean at the end. The price was reasonable for my meal, a la carte the steak was under $30. Quite decent if it was prime because it was over a pound. Sides ranged from $4-$8 which again is quite reasonable. I will most likely go back especially if you want a good place a touch north of downtown.

125 North Main St
Providence, RI 02903

No comments:

Post a Comment