Saturday, January 5, 2013

Chapel Grille - @@@

Went here on Thursday for dinner.  It is pretty close to work so thats a bonus.  The building itself is really nice, its large like a ski lodge but decorated early American style (big pictures/portraits of old people).  I went with the paella which can be an odd choice for me since I dont particularly care for seafood.  However this one had minimal seafood and had a bonus piece of pork belly on it.  It was pretty good, although I still feel the rice is too moist.  There were also minimal amounts of peas in it and were replaced by both green and black olives...ugh!  I gave away the clams, however I did eat the jumbo shrimp.  They were seasoned pretty well.  The lemons slices were odd, they were too small to squeeze so I just "juiced" them with my fork.  Also in there is the pork belly on top, which was tender however not hot, and chorizo, which was good.  The rice as mentioned earlier was moist and reasonably flavorful, what was nice about it was that it was really hot in temperature.

Though we didnt get appetizers, the food was served with homemade foccacia and a sampling of olive oils from California, Greece, Italy, and Spain (listed from darkest to lightest).  I liked the Italian one the best, mild and flavorful.  The California was pretty heavy, Greece was a little sharp, and Spain a bit oily.  I thought it was a cool concept though and the foccacia was good too.

The place was certainly upscale and very business-y which is odd since its in a suburb of Providence.  I thought it was reasonably expensive but the portions were good sized.  Definitely worth a try especially if you are in the mood for a nice dinner.


3000 Chapel View Blvd
Cranston, RI 02920

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the rice is frequently too moist in paella. I do like paella in general, though. We went to a paella festival last year and got to try a ton of different paellas that people had made for a contest. It was super awesome. Lots of variety and we could barely walk afterwards, we were so full!

    ReplyDelete