Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Yat Lok restaurant - @@@

Allegedly a Michelin star restaurant right down the street in Central (single star). It has been iffy verifying this though, and they didn't even have it on their signage. Just "Michelin recommended" is what is on the storefront.

The goose is the main recommendation from what it seems and it is supposedly best in the soup. To be honest it was just ok. I did fail in my mind because I went with the soup when I would normally just get it over rice. It looked much better over rice but maybe that is just me. I got the combo goose and bbq pork and it did taste good. To me the broth just made it a little soggier than I would've preferred. Also got a small side of vegetables since most of what I have been eating is heavy meat so far. Next time would go meat over rice like usual.

All in all a pretty good lunch that is extremely quick and reasonably cheap. This was ~$11. Also you may be able to meet new friends as you will almost certainly be sat with others. Other reviews said there are long lines so beware; I went there around 2:30 pm and was able to sit immediately. It also took me longer to decide to order than the food to come out - I do like the speed!

28 Stanley St, g/f
Central, Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment