Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Schoop's Hamburgers - @@@@

Out in Chicago for the weekend and stopped on the way back to go out to eat with a friend who lives on the IL/IN border. I wanted a burger and she recommended a local spot called Schoop's that serves a thin, griddled burger and is an Indiana landmark.

Sounded good to me so we checked it out. It is a definite throwback style restaurant in that it has a few booths and a short bar area to sit at. Reminded me of a diner but cleaner. For the hamburger, it was really good. I only got the single with cheese but it was really beefy and served piping hot. Lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise were already added on and was between a soft toasted bun. As you can see, the patty itself was bigger than the bun which is always a good thing. It had a nice crust to it; and though a server didn't know for sure how it was made I am assuming it is on some griddle-like apparatus. The patty is also thicker than I would assume and balanced out the burger well.

I would recommend trying this burger place out if you are in the northwest Indiana area. Good, affordable burger with friendly and quick service.  Thanks Elizabeth for the recommendation!!

215 Ridge Rd
Munster, IN 46321

No comments:

Post a Comment