Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Mission BBQ - @@@

This is actually my second visit to Mission BBQ which is a good sign. I would put it definitely at the high end of the 3 scale as I thought it was better than Buz and Teds. They also get lots of love on the reviews for a heavily patriotic theme inside.

On to the food. This time I got the ribs, original sausage, and brisket. I really wanted the brisket and the ribs and sausage were bonus. The 2 ribs I had were good, not needing sauce and pretty tender for spare ribs. I actually prefer a bit more resistance for spare ribs but it shows they must cook them for a while. Surprisingly moist so I wouldn't doubt if they covered them or roasted them as well. Still had smoke flavor though. I did get my snap from the sausage which I thought was really good. Well spiced, meaty, crunchy skin was all good. The best was the brisket though. Moist cut was flavorful, tender, and not needing sauce. I did try the sauce though and my 2 favorites were Memphis Belle and Tupelo Honey Heat. Notice both are somewhat sweet and savory so I think I have picked up a theme. Didn't care too much for the sides today - I had baked cheesy potatoes and green beans. Similar to last time they "messed up" and gave me an extra side...not sure if that's a move but was not turned down. They sadly did not stand out for me though, the potatoes had some celery in it which I didn't love and the beans were cooked for a while and almost mushy. They were alright overall. The cornbread was pretty good although I didn't finish both pieces if that says anything.

I would, and did, come back. I thought the brisket is the way to go and while not the best ever it is still pretty good - and would be a winner back home. Prices are pretty good, essentially I got 3 meats and sides for ~$25, which could be 2 meals. Service is also really good here - helpful and prompt both times I was here and you get your food quickly.

5432 Glenside Dr
Richmond, VA 23228

No comments:

Post a Comment