Saturday, November 14, 2015

Busan Galbi - @@@

Just got done having a pretty big dinner here in Seoul. For what it was, I thought it was ok. Good not great.

This place is in a pretty prominent section of Itaewon so I think it gets lots of traffic regardless. There was lots of help and they had the charcoal and sesame oil salt that I really like. The meat was good, kalbi being better than the pork belly. Don't know why but I always seem to get the bonus pork belly and not really love it. And it gets me more full. Weird. The kalbi was good, wrapped and marinated like usual. The waitress cooked it so it came out a little more done than I would've made it. The sides were good, had plenty of this green vegetable that I think was sautéed bok choy cousin with a touch of sesame oil. By far the best side. Also good was the super soft tofu in a touch of chili sauce.

A pretty good meal but here I think the meat has to be on point. The kalbi wasn't quite there to get it over the middling review and I am not even going to try and put the address. Just exit Itaewon station from exits 1 or 2 and turn left. You should see it. It's on the 2nd floor.

Ps just got the check and it was pretty reasonable for 2 dishes, 2 rice bowls and a beer was 42k won (~$40).

No comments:

Post a Comment