Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Breakfast in Singapore

Jet lag so was up early (relative for me) but it was already light out. Figured i should hit the number 1 photo op early so headed out to the Merlion. Interesting. Not surprisingly there were others out already and got to check out the sunrise over the Marina Bay Sands. Pretty cool. Hung out there just checking out the people; there was an audible gasp when the fountain went on and then another mad scramble for photo ops

Then headed into the downtown area which is a short walk away. Not sure if I lucked out or what, but I was in some building that had a bunch of food stalls. It seems at least in this area the common breakfast items are noodles with various sides (chicken balls, fish cakes, eggs to name a few). So tried all 3 noodle varieties - one soft rice which is basically like pancit, one chueng fun style, and one chow mein style. All were good, I preferred the cheung fun then chow mein I think due to the grease. Quite a bit as well, actually didn't finish all of it but in my mind there are many other foods to try during the day. Also had a chicken ball in a wonton wrapper (didn't love, was ground chicken I guess??) and a fried pork-ish product that was basically spam with a little more sautéed-ness. Also fried egg. Not a bad breakfast - quite inexpensive as well at S$3.80. Literally the cold honey milk tea that I had to buy at another stall for S$2 was almost as much. However not sure if influenced by the humid conditions, but have rarely had a milk tea quite so good. Very tasty and see myself having a few more before I leave. Refreshingly sweet and savory together, however I do think the weather conditions played a part

Overall not bad. No idea what the stand was called or even the building I am in right now but it's attached to the Que Link coming from the water. Also leaving now as the place is getting busy and people are sitting typical Asia style all over the place


No comments:

Post a Comment