Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Satay in Singapore

Another item I had multiple times was satay. I wouldn't even call this a meal rather just quick eats. Generally costing about S$1 per stick, this again seems cheap. One interesting thing to note is that the translations are not necessarily very descriptive other than type of protein for an American. You get things like "stringy beef", "chicken waist", "flavor mutton" and stuff like that

Again it seems like these places are everywhere and easy to find. My experience was not any better than the others as they all had a good amount of red pepper and cumin seasoning. First picture was by my hotel in chinatown and were all good. There were 2 chicken, 2 beef, and 1 lamb. Second picture was by the Old Airport road hawker center and I had 2 pork, 2 pork belly, 2 beef, and 2 lamb. I didn't think the pork ones were great and actually didn't finish all of the pork belly ones. Maybe got some weird cuts unintentionally. Also not pictured was another street place where I had chicken and green beans. Both were good there

For sure would repeat getting these whenever possible. Just get a stack and call it a day. Very good and most places open late!

No comments:

Post a Comment