Thursday, October 11, 2018

Rheinfelder Bierhalle - @@@

Food was good, World Cup experience was even better. Went here for the final France vs Croatia more like found this place. Was walking around Zurich looking for a large outdoor watch party but by the time I got to the place (it was an Island) the place was packed. So walked around and ducked in here. Got really lucky because as soon as the match started it rained really hard. Great choice

I had been looking for some schnitzel the whole trip so went with the pork schnitzel with rösti, even though their specialty was cordon blue. I just like how the meat is still tender but crispy on the outside - I literally had schnitzel for 3 straight dinners when I got back to the states! This one was good as well. Crispy yet tender and reasonably juicy still with a touch of lemon as well. Solid. The rösti was essentially hash browns even more so this time as they were not in a patty. Oh well I like fried potatoes so no problem there. Also had a local beer which was great during the game

Again found this place just walking around old town. The prices were actually really reasonable for Zurich and can imagine this place is usually busy. Couldn't really tell since there were so many people watching the match; there was also an outside seating area but no TVs so no one was out there once it stopped raining. I would for sure get the jumbo cordon blue next time I'm there as that also looked really good. I guess Swiss food can be categorized as fried meat/potato and I don't mind at all!

Niederdorfstrasse 76,
8001 Zurich, Switzerland

No comments:

Post a Comment