Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cheesecake Factory - @@@

Monday's are generally long days so I had no overwhelming food interest.  It worked out great since my coworker eagerly suggested the Cheesecake Factory.  It's close, convenient, and consistent.

Upon arriving, I scanned their book-like menu looking for something to catch my eye.  I will admit that many of their dishes do not really inspire me.  The Asian-influenced dishes I generally shy away from due to my normal rice-eating diet, Italian due to the amount of Italian restaurants here, and typical avoidance of burgers at restaurants.  I think the desert-y name confuses me and I can't figure out what entree's they specialize in.  I ended up ordering the chicken and biscuits, which was essentially a chicken pot pie filling topped with biscuits over a bed of mashed potatoes.  The dish was good, however I do wish that there was more filling since I finished the gravy part with biscuits still on the plate.  Unfortunately I forgot my camera in the car so there is no picture.

I did not order desert, which according to some is "sacrilege".  Clearly at a place called Cheesecake Factory, you know they specialize in cheesecake.  I do however feel spoiled by the fact that I stay right across the street from it so theoretically I could go there often.  I have had their cheesecake plenty of times and it is always good.  But with the combination of late eating and large portions, some sort of rational thought had to be utilized.

I give my meal here a 3 of 5.  There was nothing that stood out, just a consistent meal.  I will definitely be back but not simply for the food but rather the convenience and hopefully the desert.

5 comments:

  1. I detest that menu. "Book-like" is an accurate description. I wanted to criticize you for not going to get your camera, but the CCF chicken and biscuits probably weren't worth a photo. Or maybe I'm just that uppity.

    Hey, why did you choose to rate on a scale of "@" symbols? Just randomly curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was looking for easy visual representation and there is no "star" key on the keyboard. also i feel the asterisk symbol is too hard to view at a glance

    ReplyDelete
  3. chris - if it makes you happy i got pictures of my tuesday and wednesday meals...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I is happy. Much thanks to you. Keep em coming. In lieu of food-blogging myself, I've taken it upon myself to be one of your top followers.

    What up leesl? Come back to MI, and we'll all go to MGM again and review the buffet.

    ReplyDelete