Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cassarinos Ristorante - @@@@

Wow, so it has been a long time since I last updated this.  I have still been eating, and I have quite a backlog of photos and restaurants to talk about.  Work has been pretty busy hence the sporadic postings.  As our work project moves towards the later stages, I should have more time to update this.  The write-ups will be shorter especially as I struggle to remember intricate details of the meals.  Luckily I have the main pictures to remember the many good meals I have had lately.

On Monday, April 18th, we went out to Cassarinos, another Italian restaurant in Federal Hill.  Of the 3 Italian spots that I have been to this project in Federal Hill, I liked this one the best in terms of food. 

Initially when walking into the restaurant, the 4 of us were sat at a smaller square 4-top table that I felt was much to close to the other tables.  It was as if all of the tables were smashed together to get the most inside the upper floor, even though they were not at capacity.  I did not like this as I felt on top of the other couple that was next to us.  You could definitely hear their conversation.

However once the food came, the mood changed.  I am sure some sort of appetizer was ordered though I cannot remember now.  I do remember my entree though and it was really good.  I got the boneless pork chop stuffed with proscuitto and mozzarella.  It was topped with a tomato basil cream sauce and gorgonzola cheese and served over fried potatoes.  I did not expect it to be so good, especially because it was a boneless pork chop.  I feel that the bone in pork chops adds much more flavor and does not dry out the meat as much.  I was especially worried because the pork chop was breaded which meant that the cooking time was going to be longer.  All of this was nullified when I got it because it was incredibly good.  All of the flavors blended well with each other and the cheese that it was topped with was really smooth and creamy.  Additionally the food was served very hot.  Like fresh from the oven hot which I loved.  Due to the density of the meal, the pork chop remained hot throughout the meal. 

Overall I had a really enjoyable meal at Cassarinos.  As mentioned previously, it was my favorite of the 3 Italian restaurants that I have been to on the Hill.  I give this meal a 4 of 5 and would definitely go back for another meal.


177 Atwells Ave
Providence, RI 02903

1 comment:

  1. "Boneless pork chop" sounds succulent. Excellent description. That tomato basil sauce looks like a meal in itself.

    That knife looks a tad excessive - I think the pork is already dead. Seriously, it sounds like your cut was probably pretty tender, breaded, fried, stayed warm. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete