Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cheesecake Factory - @@@

On Tuesday, April 19th we went to the Cheesecake Factory, a staple restaurant during this project.  It is really easy to get to due to the convenient location just outside our hotel and for overall restaurants there could be much worse that one could get.    I won't go too much into the details other than the food since I am positive I have done a review of this before.

As with the night before, I ordered the pork chops.  For some reason I like to order pork chops because I feel they are harder to cook at home.  I have not been able to either a) grill them or b) pair them with interesting sauces like restaurants do.  While the Cheesecake Factory gives you 2 pork chops, they are the standard grocery store single cut chops.  I much prefer a single, thicker chop that can be cooked by various means without it turning excessively tough and dry.  This happens with the thinner chops because of the higher heat which cooks through and dries out the thinner meat.

I do love the items the pork chops come with as well.  Mashed potatoes, sauteed spinach, and applesauce all complement the grilled chops.  All 3 of these sides are great matches with pork and are all items I especially like.  The mashed potatoes are creamy and do not require gravy.  The jus from the pork is sufficient to add that little extra moisture to the potatoes and spinach.  The applesauce is chunky and adds extra texture and sweetness to the meal.  The sweetness is actually enough for me to again not order dessert.  This is a big step, especially at the Cheesecake Factory.

As mentioned earlier, this is a convenient restaurant that is more than sufficient when compared to many of the other big name chains out there.  The extra bonus of good desserts has me coming here multiple times throughout the project.  It is an easy call here, 3 of 5.


Pork chops - compare single cut to butterflied double cut at Cassarinos
 94 Providence Pl
Providence, RI 02903

2 comments:

  1. Pretty impressive in the third paragraph there, especially for CCF. Not that CCF is terrible. I did mention before that the giganto menu makes it more challenging to pick and enjoy/feel like I made a good choice. This picture and the description make it seem pretty good though.

    About those sides: you like spinach? Like by itself? I don't like it by itself. I like it as an ingredient, maybe you remember my mom used to make a spinach dip for get-togethers. Chunky applesauce? Interesting. And of course, mashed potatoes w/o gravy? The jus must have been pretty good then.

    Nice though. I'd eat that. Nom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, spinach is good either as a topping (sandwiches) or by itself (stir-fried, etc). other sides were good as mentioned and the potatoes were not dry without the gravy

    ReplyDelete