Monday, June 4, 2012

Jazz Kitchen - @@@

Went here back to back weekend nights last weekend in LA. Friday night went with the beignets, which were fried fresh, hot and covered with powdered sugar. They were quite good after a long flight and have you enough sugar energy to keep going. From what I hear, they stay with the Cafe du Monde style of coating the beignets by dumping the powdered sugar in a bag then the beignets and shake. Pretty effective if you ask me. There was so much sugar that my cousin just dipped his hand in the bag after all the beignets were dispensed and was still covered in sugar.

The next night everyone went back for the beignets again. I instead went savory with the chicken and andouille sausage jambalaya. I thought it was ok. The rice seemed clumped together in a fashion similar to Chinese sticky rice as opposed to moist rice with the sauce. I know that sounds weird, but you can definitely tell if it is clumpy or just moist. It was well spiced after I added some Red Rooster hot sauce to it. I have never been to New Orleans, but it seems that Red Rooster is somewhat indigenous to NO as some other Cajun themed restaurants I have been to had that hot sauce as well. It is good and does not kill your mouth. Very similar to my favorite Louisiana hot sauce. Not the best jambalaya I have had but was adequate for the night.

One thing I was pleased with is that both times we went the food was served hot. I know that can be altered by a microwave, but I am still glad to get hot food. All too often the food is sitting around it seems like and just a shade under hot temperature. And though downtown Disney is built around Micky, there were lots of adultish people there, including us. Walking around at night, watching fireworks with family and hanging out certainly boosted the ambiance and made the food that much more enjoyable.

Disneyland Resort
1590 S Disneyland Dr
Anaheim, CA 92802

No comments:

Post a Comment