Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bravo Brasserie - @@@@

Went to dinner here tonight after I was inspired by Anthony Bourdains book Kitchen Confidential that I finished yesterday. Since he is a somewhat chef at Les Halles and he was talking all sorts of French, I decided I wanted steak frites.

Got to the restaurant and didn't even need to look at the menu...steak frites it was. I also mixed in a French onion soup as well, but that was fairly ordinary. The bread that came out however was really good. First off it was hot aka right out of the oven they say. The butter was whipped which meant easily spreadable. And it was just a loaf of white French bread, not even cut up. Just tear in and enjoy. Then the steak frites. For some reason I was envisioning a thin cut of sirloin, ha this was just the opposite. A fistful size cooked perfectly medium rare was finished simply with some fresh cracked pepper. Juicy and great, it was meat prepared straightforward from the broiler I imagine. The frites were nice and crispy, as I had imagined they would be. Golden brown, they were cut nice and thin and once finished with some salt were very tasty. Definitely hit the spot on dinner.

For some reason I always think of French food as cream based sauce meals that are really rich. I greatly enjoyed this alternative where they take good ingredients, spice slightly and cook perfectly. Do check this place out and I think one of my better PVD meals.

123 Empire St
Providence, RI 02903

No comments:

Post a Comment