Thursday, June 7, 2012

Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles - @@@@

Last meal in LA had to be Roscoe's right? I mean where else can you get that world famous combo of fried chicken and waffles? Ok everywhere but this spot is certainly one of the most famous.

I wen there a few years ago and remember the chicken to be remarkably crispy yet not greasy. Was it still the same?? Absolutely. The chicken was fried up incredibly crispy and moist yet seemed minimally greasy. How they do it I have no idea. It is some of the best chicken I've had because of the crispness and juiciness. It is unlike other fried chickens in that it is not overly spiced, just greatly fried chicken.

So why not a 5 rating? The waffle. It is simply not as outstanding. I guess they have their secret famous recipe, but it was too mushy for me. Full disclosure here though cause I am not the biggest fan of waffles, but I prefer mine to be a little thicker and have a nice little crunch to them.

I still don't have a clear idea why the chicken and waffles concept works so well, but it does. Maybe the salty chicken and sweet waffle? Or the extra butter and syrup just matches the chicken? I don't know, but you should check this out for sure.

Note I went to the Pico location and they have a parking lot which is sort of rare for LA according to my friend. So it has that going for it too. Also as we went for breakfast (9 am), they already had a security guard in the lot directing traffic and a couple of what seemed to be off duty cops chilling in front for crowd control. Intense....

5006 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90019

No comments:

Post a Comment