Monday, June 4, 2012

Souplantation - @@@

Went here last Sunday when we were all pretty hungry. There is not too much to talk about at an all you can eat salad and soup bar. They had everything a normal salad bar would have including pre-made salads for those that don't want to construct one. I liked the Asian one, light and crisp with good flavoring and balance.

Also had unlimited soups with a decent variety including chili, broccoli cheese, chicken noodle, clam chowder, and buffalo wing. Again pretty normal although I surprisingly enjoyed the clam chowder the best. I think it was because it was thick, creamy and contained more potatoes and bacon than clams.

There were also other items that I really didn't try. Think of local bakery items and you would probably guess most of them. Also since we came at the tail end of breakfast they also had frittata-like items and waffles. They also have pasta but there was no chance I was going or that after many meals of Italian. Also had a modest dessert bar that did delight me with caramel sauce.

Overall cool concept that was certainly well received in southern California. Soon after we got there, there was a wait list for seats with many large families continuing to pour in. I liked it and the price was reasonable for essentially salad. I guess this place is also called Sweet Tomatoes in other parts of the country. I would check it out again on another trip.

2825 Main Street
Irvine, CA 92614

No comments:

Post a Comment