Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Fado - @@@@

This was a really good meal, and was actually torn between a 4 and 5 it was so solid. The service was top notch, never had an empty water glass. Very friendly and accommodating as they were always around but not intrusive.

This Portuguese restaurant was about a 15 minute drive away in a city (village) called Huntington. It is in a cool downtown area where there are many different restaurants and shops. I can imagine it is pretty nice to walk around on a summer day, night or just about anytime. It was a classical Main St Americana.

To start with we got the traditional flaming sausage, as the Portuguese call it chouriço. I call it sausage, chorizo, etc and what I noticed was there is more solid meat with the fat mixed in. They were sort of like discreet pieces in there rather than just ground up. Served on fire per normal which is always pretty cool. Other patrons seemed curious. But what I thought was really good was the pork chop dish I ordered. A double cut, butterflied bone-in chop that was stuffed with spinach and cheese. Topped on mashed potatoes, grilled peppers, and cherry tomatoes. The pan jus it was all in was just super flavorful and tasty. The chop was still moist and juicy as it was not cooked to a well done temp which was good. It was thick so it felt substantial while eating. Spinach and cheese was great mixed with the pork and the mashed potatoes were served hot. Then mixing in the jus just made this dish really well done. One of my favorite dishes that I have had in a while.

I would for sure come back just for the entree but also would want to try the traditional steak with egg on top. Also would try the caldo verde soup and if it was good I could easily be convinced to be a 5. It is a pretty small place and I can imagine it gets hard to get a table when in peak meal time. I would suggest it and even go a little later in the night...the service should still be top notch.

10 New St
Huntington, NY 11743

No comments:

Post a Comment