Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Fortune Wheel - @@@

Long Island Chinese sit down restaurant was not bad for the location in the middle of Long Island. Should I have made the drive to Flushing? Probably. But I didn't and here we are.

There seems to be 2 consensus places for authentic Chinese in LI - this place and the Orient. This place is in an odd location as its basically in the middle of a BJs store - I think it is actually surrounded on 3 of the sides by the store. Easy to find though and it is a legit sit down spot. I'm sure they do carry out too if you want.

Got my usual order of hot plate beef and sautéed chinese broccoli. First off the food came out definitely less than 5 minutes. It wasn't too busy but that was still awesome. It made the beef still medium rare which worked well. It was filet marinated with the traditional tenderizer. Sadly it wasn't sizzling which would've seared it off a bit. Also a severe lack of pepper which is one of my favorite parts. Less onions and more peppers would be good too. The broccoli was still crunchy (good) but not enough garlic punch (bad). Still obviously finished it all - basically a good not great spot that I would still visit again. Also the table next to me got the half garlic chicken and salt/pepper pork chops which looked fried to perfection. I will probably try those next time if I make it back.

3601 Hempstead Tpke
Levittown, NY 11756

No comments:

Post a Comment