Monday, July 9, 2012

Cabby Shack - @@@@

Went to this place out in Plymouth Massachusetts last Saturday before golfing. Wanted something to eat but not too much so this bread bowl clam chowder fit the bill nicely. Add that to the fact that this was much hyped by chef Beau MacMillan as "the best chowder he ever ate" and I was sold.

Chowder came out great, thick, creamy, and full of flavor. The base was a nice cream, but the telling point was the spoon that stuck straight up, allegedly a good judge of thickness. The bread bowl was slightly odd; a sweetbread as opposed to sourdough loaf. Still good though.

As a side note, my friend got a fried clam roll and it was absolutely packed with fried clams. They were also quite good, although it may have just been the fried-ness.

I would recommend this place to get chowder for sure. Best ever?? Quite possibly. As far as other seafood I am not sure since I dont eat it, but judging from the amount of people there and the great view into what I can only assume to be the Plymouth Bay, I would guess it is pretty good. Check it out!

30 Town Wharf Rd
Plymouth, MA 02362

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap, that looks and sounds good. Fried clam roll does, too. I need to get to Plymouth!

    ReplyDelete