Sunday, July 22, 2012

Brandy's - @@@

Early Flagstaff breakfast at a reasonably famous place that Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives went to. Obviously known for breakfast, I was eager to try something local. Though I am not usually a breakfast fan, I still can throw down with some omelets from time to time.

Went with the omelet with sausage, chorizo, and muenster cheese. I also ordered spinach too but there was no green stuff to be found. Boo to that. They also top the omelet with hollandaise sauce which is interesting. Regardless of what Anthony Bourdain says about hollandaise, I wanted to try it out here. First off the muenster cheese is so underrated it is silly. A great melty cheese, it tastes mild and melds well with other meats and toppings. Chorizo was a nice spice punch and sausage was good too. Hollandaise was creamy and unique; I wouldn't do it every time but was a good addition today. Side of country potatoes were well seasoned and slight crispy on the bottom, although I personally would've liked it a touch more well done.

Overall a good breakfast place to try out. Would I make it a must-stop every time...no. But I feel breakfast places are all around the same level, I can't think of anything where the breakfast was on a totally different level. There are bad places and good, with many at the good level. Two other people I was with also agreed with a 3 - pretty decent. If you are into DDD and around though, make sure you try it out for yourself.

1500 E Cedar Ave
Ste 40
Flagstaff, AZ 86004

1 comment:

  1. I'm not really a breakfast person, either, but there is a place in Santa Fe, NM called Cafe Pasqual's that takes breakfasts to a totally different level for me. Their corned beef hash is killer. Pretty sure you'd love it.

    ReplyDelete