Sunday, July 29, 2012

Spain - @@@

Went back to Spain again last week and I was honestly a little disappointed from the first time. This time I got the arroz con pollo (fantasy football??) because the server said it was just like the paella except with no seafood. The problem is that the rice was not crispy at all. The food itself was good, well spiced and obviously presented amazingly, but I was missing that crunch to the rice that I expected. I think the problem was that the vessel it was served in was so deep. The food was super hot, so I know they baked it, but I think because of the depth the rice didn't get crispy. Chorizo, while there, did not add much perhaps because it was sliced so thinly. Still a good place to eat at, amazing value ($15.50 for this monster dish), and worth it to come back. I was just hoping to find that really good Spanish paella rice that I have heard so much about.

1073 Reservoir Ave
Cranston, RI 02910

1 comment: