Monday, July 30, 2012

Red Fez - @@@@

Went here for dinner tonight. Let me first start off by saying there is no sign to the restaurant. I think it is all based on local knowledge. When getting there, it is a small space with 5 booths, a long hightop table, and bar. We sat at the rather uncomfortable hightop which seemed too low for the barstools. The menu was similarly sparse with about 6 entrees and 6 appetizers. Mix in a few sides and you get a menu that supposedly rotates frequently.

So for dinner I split the steak frites along with chicken wings, corn fritters, and poutine fries. The steak was flavorful with a chimichurri sauce on top that just helped the flavor of the ribeye even more. The steak was cooked medium as requested and topped with a herb compound butter. The cool part was they put the crispy fries under the steak allowing them to soak up the juice and sauce.

The wings were Thai spiced and grilled. They were served up hot!! They again had a good flavor with some bonus heat. They were dry rubbed which allowed the spices to really penetrate the wings. I think they were served with some sort of sauce, but none was needed in my opinion.

Corn fritters and poutine fries were also tried. I didnt care much for the fritters; think hush puppies with corn on the inside. Usually I like fritters but today they didn't do it for me. The fries were again crispy but topped with a gravy that I honestly don't remember the flavor of.

Cool place, interesting concept, and good food makes me think I will return here in the future.

49 Peck St
Providence, RI 02903

No comments:

Post a Comment