Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Moerlein Lager House - @@@

Tried this place out last week as our downtown choice. We are aiming to get into the city at least once per week. This place is really cool; a large restaurant/bar right next to Great American Ballpark and the river. It is 2 stories and we had a seat upstairs giving a great view of the river and what I am assuming is Kentucky.

The menu featured a large variety of classic American food ranging from beer can chicken sandwiches to rotisserie pork chops. The options were quite appealing sounding and I remember thinking that if I had to come back I would have some pretty good choices. I went with the prime rib, med-rare. I give them credit, it actually came out close to desired and had some good sides of sautéed green beans. The meat was spiced alright and as you may notice extremely thick. Always good. But it wasn't overly warm. I get that it's medium rare but was just odd that it wasn't hot. It felt like it was left on the warming table a bit too long. Flavor was good though and tender enough. One other difference was the au jus which was thickened just a bit by some beer rather than just straight jus which I would've preferred.

This place is probably even better if there was a game and I had some beer. They brew their own and offer tasting flights. If in the area, I would not hesitate to go back especially to try some other options on the menu.

115 Joe Nuxhall Way
Cincinnati, OH

No comments:

Post a Comment