Thursday, January 5, 2012

Meadhall, part 2 - @@

So this was dinner, it was a duo of pork. We have ribs and "bacon", which was a slice of pork belly. Actually a hunk of it. The main thing you will notice is the covering of red BBQ sauce. This was too much. The sauce itself wasn't bad, but just covered up the meat flavor more than I liked. I always try and get the food without sauce on it to taste the food and have the sauce on the side for accompaniment.

The pork belly was good tasting, with a good layer of flavor (aka fat) in the middle. The ribs were a bit charred but not the worst I have had. Below sat a cold?? 3 bean salad. Why it was cold below warm food escapes me. Thus it was slightly warmed by the food but tried to be cold. Not a good combo.

Overall the decor was pretty cool, but the food left to be desired. It had the urban loft vibe to it and the upstairs with big leather chairs and flat panels looked inviting. Next time just go back for the wide beer selection. As this is a mobile blog, I have the benefit of asking others what they thought. I got a 1, 3, 2, and 3. This was right in line with my initial thoughts of a 2. I would go back to chill and have a drink especially since it is essentially connected to the hotel, but would explore other eateries if hungry.

4 Cambridge Ctr
Cambridge, MA 02142

1 comment:

  1. That is one very nice chunk of pork belly. I don't know if you remembered any of my pix of the pork belly I had in the Philippines. I loooved it, but it was super thin. Steamed in a light bbq marinade I think.

    I def agree w/ sauce on the side. I'm trying to think of what kinds of meals that I don't mind the meat "pre-sauced." With the exception of a marinade (ie: not sauce), none immediately come to mind. I prefer ribs cooked with dry rub or glazed while cooking (or whatever you call that cooking process). I don't like that whole Chili's slab the sauce on at the end...that's just bad layering - like your burrito layering pet-peeve.

    Never had a cold 3-bean salad that I liked. That meal seems boo overall. Too bad you didn't have a beer this time.

    Mobile-blogging...big thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete