Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tiago's - @@@@

Easily the best meal I have had so far in Bridgeport. This was a local Portuguese restaurant close to work that we went to tonight. Obviously went with the traditional bife a Portugesa. For those that don't remember, this is the steak with ham and fried egg with a brown gravy. This compared very favorably to the heavily Portuguese area of East Providence, RI. While not quite as good as Madiera, it was better than Riviera Inn. The steak was a very good sirloin, perhaps even strip steak as opposed to the more common top sirloin. It was cooked well, still being juicy and along with the gravy and egg was quite good. One area not quite authentic was the lack of double starches. In RI, you would get both fried potatoes and rice whereas here you got only one. Not a deal breaker and they also included freshly sautéed veggies that they claim does not usually come with it.
Dessert tonight was fried Oreos! These were pretty good, as they were served over ice cream, chocolate sauce and cherries. The Oreo was surprisingly light tasting for being fried which I liked because I did not want an overly salty, heavy ending to the meal. Sadly no picture.
So this rating was a weird one for me. On my hand, I thought it was good but a few others did not like their meal. I think it's because they got pasta at a Portuguese restaurant?? I also liked how they played current hip hop and pop music as this is a bar/restaurant and not just some old restaurant. As we left, a dj was just starting to setup. I guess they spin every Tuesday, Thursday, and on weekends. May have to check that out too. In the end, I am basing this on my meal so will go with a 4 of 5 for tonight. As I said earlier, best meal in CT so far.

211 State St
Bridgeport, CT 06604 

No comments:

Post a Comment