Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Vazzy's - @@@

Meh another Italian restaurant last night. Nothing overly exceptional as it was a local Italian spot. They gave decent free naan-like bread topped with cheese at the beginning of the meal. I ordered the cavatelli with broccoli and sausage in garlic and oil. Very standard, disappointed the sausage was crumbled and not slices. There could've been more broccoli as well. Cavatelli is basically a solid penne, which I thought was decent and better than a lot of other pastas I have had. Decent garlic oil sauce but wished it was thicker to coat the pasta more. Needed to add parm cheese to try and thicken it. Also was disappointed because the menu said it was to be served in the sizzling pan but as you can see was most definitely not.
Average Italian for me, so the generic 3 rating. Would perhaps be enticed to go back on Monday's as it is steak night every monday. I am always leery about this though since I dont know if the steak has sat around for a week or it is all fresh. Anyone have thoughts on theme nights once a week?

513 Broadbridge Rd
Bridgeport, CT 06610 

No comments:

Post a Comment