Monday, January 9, 2012

New King Fung Garden - @@@

Went to this Chinese hole in the wall saturday night for an early dinner (you will see why early dinner is key a little later). Again went with friends who highly recommended it for the Peking duck. So obviously we got that.

The duck was good but because I got there a little late the duck wasn't the warmest. It still had a good skin and lots of tender meat for the pancake part. The stir-fry portion was next and was good as well. Finally came the soup part which was as expected.

Also before I got there, some apps were ordered. I guess they are famous for scallion pancakes but I didn't get or want to try them. Xiao long boa were also ordered which are the Shanghai pork soup dumplings. Very unfair to compare them to the famous Joe's Shanghai in NYC because they were not right from the steamer by the time I got them. They were pretty good though for being not as fresh as possible.

Also of note here is the pure smallness of this place. Literally 4 booths and 1 round table. Max capacity has to be like 25, but in true Chinatown fashion about 40 people were packed in there. The food was good and I think it would be a 4 of 5 if I got the food right when it came out. Also should get bonus points for it being a byob. Overall good place that I would like to try again.

74 Kneeland St
Boston, MA 02111

No comments:

Post a Comment