Friday, January 6, 2012

Tequila Mexican Grill - @@

Another mobile posting from a taqueria in Boston.  
We were walking around Downtown Crossing after work today just hanging out and shopping.  While walking around we were getting kinda hungry and saw this place.  It had some good looking tortilla chips on the table and was a real small, local place.  It looks like an old ice cream store with a counter in front that kept all the food warm.

I ordered steak tacos and they came with all sorts of stuff on it.  Lettuce, cheese, pico, sour cream...all stuff I like in warmed corn tortillas.  The "steak" was pre-cooked beef resting in water.  This description isnt the best, but it is like how all pre-cooked stuff is.  While I was not expecting La Pasadita, the meat was sadly not cooked to order.  The small chunks of beef were pretty good, but just not what I was expecting.  Also there was not much flavor or seasoning, even after adding some homemade salsa.

In the group that was eating, I got a score of 3, 2 or 3 and a 2 by me for the place.  It was a good try as I like the small, local places rather than a bigger, standardized restaurant so I am not mad that we tried it.  I would not go out of my way to go there though

55 Bromfield St
Boston, MA 02108

No comments:

Post a Comment