Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Korea House - @@@

We had a choice last night of Korean, tapas, and American. Korean was chosen in a slight upset over the others so we went to this spot pretty close to the hotel. It is located in a strip mall similar to bibimbap in Novi.

Unfortunately they did not have table side BBQ, but they still had the famous grilled meat entrees. I ordered the kal-bi as I typically do. What was interesting is most of the meat was already off the bone. Different but didn't mind since I was kinda lazy last night. The meat tasted well-marinated and tender and I enjoyed it. Additionally I ate over 50% of the banchan which for me is good but may not be as authentic (since I usually eat 1 or 2). In addition to kimchee, there was bean sprouts, "spicy" tofu, banana pepper rings, creamy cabbage, and my favorite slightly sweet boiled potatoes. One thing I did think was odd was the alleged black grain rice which turned the rice purple!?! Supposedly healthier for you, I still prefer white rice however the meat did not have much sauce so I really didn't use the rice as much with it anyways.

Overall pretty decent Korean. I did notice another just as high rated Korean restaurant a few miles the other direction so will probably choose that one before going back but it is a good option to have close. As a bonus I saw a rock with Shin Soo Choo's name engraved on it; I guess when he played here he frequented the place so I guess that adds some extra authenticity.

11371 Montgomery Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45249

No comments:

Post a Comment