Thursday, March 20, 2014

Wildflower Cafe - @@@@

Best meal in Cincinnati by far for not only me but coworkers as well. However slightly skeptical because was it really good or just beat a bunch of losers??

First off this place is literally a converted house. The dining area was small, like 8 tables small. I guess the upstairs was converted to a bar but didn't go up to see it. We actually tried to go last Wednesday but the line was too long. Got smart this time and made reservations.

The big thing here is that is in the organic farm-to-table mold that is trendy these days. Did the food seem better because it was local or organic?? For me, no. However was there more attention to creativity of dishes and preparation? I would say yes. What I mean by this is that they paired items such as collard greens with their southern dishes and the steak I had was paired with potatoes and brussel sprouts. I of course swapped for the greens, but I thought it was cool that they tried to pair things better than just "pick your side". Preparation was on point here, as my medium rare steak was actually cooked to a medium rare. I also liked that since my greens came in a dish, the presentation looked slightly different with the potatoes than my coworker who got the spouts. Little touches like that I think are cool. Only downer to my dish was the garlic aioli did not enhance the flavor and in fact i removed most of it as I did not enjoy the taste. Also had some of my coworkers ribs which were indeed smoked and coated in a dry rub. I in fact preferred these to my steak as they were pretty tender but had good flavor throughout.

Overall would definitely recommend and come back to in the future. If you are in the area, I suggest checking it out as well.

207 E Main St
Mason, OH 45040

No comments:

Post a Comment