Thursday, March 20, 2014

Medellin Restaurant - @@@

Last weekend when in Florida I tried this Columbian restaurant that I found had decent reviews online. It is located in a strip mall kind of tucked away and hard to find. Going for lunch, I think I was the first customer of the day.

I had the typical Columbian dish of bandeja paisa which includes good things such as grilled steak, chicharron (fried pork), eggs, rice, beans, avocados, and plantains. It was good based on the food I had been having but not as good as other Columbian I have had in the past. The avocado was in guacamole format rather than slices leading me to think it wasn't as fresh as possible. The steak was good but thin and overcooked. I did like the chicharron as it's just fried pork rinds I believe but sadly a bit small. The aji sauce was good but in my opinion too much green onion and not spicy enough. The empanadas I got for take out were generally regarded as good by the others I was with back at the hotel.

If around it's a good place to try if you can find it. However with the amount of Latin influenced restaurants, I'm sure you can find better ones in Miami or Ft Lauderdale.

PS they gave me water with a lime on the rim...blew my mind for some unknown reason. Scent was better than a lemon but it might also be the lime quality. I got the same up north and was not nearly as exciting

4631 N State Rd 7, suite 26
Coral Springs, FL 33067

No comments:

Post a Comment