Monday, March 3, 2014

Montgomery Inn - @@

First night in Cincinnati so we decided to try this famous restaurant out. "Ribs so good Bob Hope used to fly them out" proclaimed the concierge. Ok so they must be good right??

Well, um, not really. For the place that bills itself as "the worlds best ribs", they come up a little short. Alright maybe a lot. Maybe I am spoiled by KC and Texas BBQ but when you are describing the cooking as "boiled then finished on our custom broiler"...not a good look. 0 smokage, wood, or low heat it seems. When presented, they were layered with their famous sweet BBQ sauce, which was pretty good. But if I wanted the sauce I could pick it up in the hotel lobby for $7!

While I don't mean to crush this place, I just had higher hopes when described. The environment is pretty cool, tons of signed sports memorabilia on the walls. We were seated by a John Kruk and Shaq jersey. The downtown strip is pretty neat as well, we compared it kind of to a Cambridge or East Greenwich so it had that going for it. Maybe it was just a bad night but the pulled pork went uneaten (I know, odd) and the brisket was ok (sliced thin similar to bacon and covered in sauce).

50/50 if I would return to give it another shot but maybe check it out since it is so famous. We went to the original location.

9440 Montgomery Rd
Montgomery, OH  45242

No comments:

Post a Comment