Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Longhorn Steakhouse - @@@

Was wanting some heavy meat the other night so went to Longhorn where I had been enticed by their 2 for XX commercials. When we got there, we were promptly informed that the promotion ended literally the day before. Sadness.

But I got steak anyways. I was pleased that they had prime rib and promptly ordered it medium rare. It came out hugging more of the medium doneness but at this price point I did not send it back. It was close enough and did not have the super high expectations. It was very seasoned, with a blend of spices that were stronger than the normal salt and pepper. I couldn't identify it all and it led to a different flavor. Not bad, just different. Sides were nothing to be amazed at...loaded mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables in butter. Probably not the healthy effect I was going for!

At the end of the day, thought it was a pretty good meal and solid overall. One of my coworkers got the ribeye and that looked surprisingly good. Grill marks, sizzling outside and cooked medium rare it would be my next entree order. I am guessing they are pretty consistent across the US so I would be ok visiting again.

7711 Voice of America Center Dr
West Chester, OH 45069

No comments:

Post a Comment