Friday, February 3, 2012

The Friendly Toast - @@@

Went to this funky diner-ish place last Saturday for lunch. It was the place where the dishes were all plastic and didnt match, had true old pieces of Americana around it, and a mah jong tile framed counter. Cool surroundings in Cambridge.
I ordered the omelette that was stuffed with bacon, ham, sausage, and candied walnuts. What a weird bonus but the walnuts added an interesting texture compared to the sink-your-teeth in rest of the ingredients. It was topped with a slightly sweet sauce which I thought would balance the salt more than it really did. It was really huge and also served with a side of home fries and toast (of course). I also had a side sauce of their sirracha sour cream that was unique and good, though not overly spicy as the dairy tamed the hot sauce.
Cool overall place that I feel a lot of people would like. For some reason I ordered breakfast which I rarely do, so I probably didn't enjoy it as much as true breakfast lovers would. I would recommend it to all those that like quirky local places with great portions.

1 Kendall Sq
Cambridge, MA 02139 

No comments:

Post a Comment