Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Miss Thelma's - @@@@

Went back to Miss Thelma's tonight for another soul food dinner. This time they had the smothered pork chops which I promptly ordered. Sides were black eyed peas and corn. Black eyed peas were a good addition as you can see the rice would pair extremely well with the brown gravy on the chops. Corn was really good too, seemed like it had a touch of honey for sweetness. Pork chops overall were good although a touch tough after the slow cooking process. Altogether a really good plate of food though that I would recommend to anyone.

Oh yeah, did I also mention I had a side of fried chicken?? Again great crispness yet not greasy. Add a little salt since its served directly from the fryer and some hot sauce for spice and I could eat it for days.

Also got a chance to talk to the owner for a little while and learned some tips. For example, the oil used to fry is soy oil. She says that is the best available an gives it a super crunchy texture without the grease. Also she simmers the beef ribs, oxtails and chops with the brown gravy. Super cool and why I really enjoy these local places. Tonights meal i feel was even better than last weeks. I recommend to all that wants to try soul food. Strong 4 of 5 rating.

140 Fairfield Ave
Bridgeport, CT

No comments:

Post a Comment