Monday, February 20, 2012

Oasis Brazilian Restaurant - @@@


Went out for some Brazilian food last week at a local restaurant in Medford. Unlike the fancy Fogo's, this place had the food at a counter and the meat was in a large rotisserie spit where a gaucho served you. There was minimal table service except for the great fruit drinks that I had the waitress pick for me. I guess the cherry one is the traditional Brazilian specialty.

Anyway on to the food. As mentioned earlier, all the sides were at a self serve buffet station. This included the rice, plantains, vegetables, potatoes, various stews, and a basic salad bar. As you can see from the pic, I got a good amount of sides in addition to the meat. I thought the sides were interesting if unspectacular. They were just things I normally wouldn't try like the stewed chicken. But on to the meat, which is why I really come to Brazilian spots. Admittedly the quality is not up to the Fogo level, but for $13 all in for food vs $45 what can you expect. All the meat was good an I sampled plenty. Beef ribs, picanha, chorizo, garlic beef, beef and bacon, chicken wings, pork ribs, and top sirloin were all items sampled. Again I feel the beef ribs were the best followed by the picanha which is my normal rankings.

Items in the picture from left are chorizo, beef rib, beef and bacon, picanha along with mashed potatoes, broccoli, plantains, and polenta.

Overall good place with tremendous value. I was hurting from eating so many plates all for $13. This is my 2nd visit here this trip so I would definitely go back. If you are expecting only Fogo quality, you may be disappointed but for what seems to me as traditional Brazilian food definitely check it out.

373 Main St
Medford, MA 02155

No comments:

Post a Comment