Monday, February 20, 2012

The Helmand - @@@@@

After the kaddo, I ordered the lamb chops that looked so good last time I was here that my friends ordered. They did not disappoint.

Here they are called Chowpan. This is important because you should always go for these as they were that good. Cooked a perfect medium rare, they were served right off the grill and the char was still brittle and flaking off the bone. Forget special touches like frenching the ribs, you just want to dive into these meaty delicacies and clean the bone yourself. They had a subtle marinade flavor but not overwhelming with oil and spices that could ruin the flavor of the lamb. Rice was good with a touch of spices in it and the eggplant side was ok. Don't let that deter you from the lamb though as that was clearly the star.

This is the 2nd time I have been here and I didn't think it could be better than last time. But they did. I am going 5 this time because everything was so good. Even the bread was fresh out of the oven and the trio of dipping sauces it goes with are flavorful. Check it out, get the kaddo and chowpan and call it a night.

PS - I think my picture of the chowpan looks better than their website pic

143 First St
Cambridge, MA 02142

No comments:

Post a Comment