Monday, February 13, 2012

Roast Beast - @@@@

Had this sandwich for lunch yesterday while we were walking around Boston University. Really good sandwich that hit the spot.

Forget what it was called but it was their roast beef with the chipotle mayo, "beast" sauce (rich tomato/BBQ sauce), carmelized onions, and Colby jack cheese on an onion roll. Good flavor throughout, definitely a multiple napkin sandwich. Onion roll tied the sandwich together well and stayed remarkably stable with the surplus of stuff inside. Sauces mixed well, but I also had some of the roast beef by itself and it was medium rare tender.

Only downer was the fact that I didn't know about this roast beef challenge that they had until after I ordered. It is a pound of roast beef in a 10" hoagie roll topped with cheese and some spicy beast sauce which you have to finish within 5 minutes. I tried this sauce and did not feel it being overly spicy even with the ghost pepper claim. I definitely want to try this challenge before I leave. But overall great sandwich that if you can get to I suggest you try. I think they only have roast beef sandwiches, so vegetarians need not stop by.

1080 Commonwealth Ave
Boston, MA 02215

No comments:

Post a Comment